Daylesford Top 5 Spa and Wellness
(header image: The Mineral Spa)
Think bucolic landscape with mineral springs and a lush, green backdrop of rolling hills and tree-lined forest. Sound too good to be true? Welcome to Daylesford, Victoria - the Spa Centre of Australia. This scenic part of Victoria is a perfect escape for relaxation and rejuvenation where you can find a wealth of spas, wellness retreats and naturescapes per capita for all seekers of serenity. Ideal for a weekend getaway with friends, family and loved ones, Daylesford is the rejuvenating refuge you should consider for your next quick jaunt out of the city.
We asked our hockingstuart Daylesford local experts to share their favourite spots:
- Daylesford Massage Spa: As soon as you walk in the door, you can feel stress and discomfort melt away as the staff welcomes you. Taking “hands-on” to the next level, Daylesford Healing Massage prides themselves on providing personalised care and service tailored specifically for each guest’s needs. They offer a warm, nurturing space and highly trained therapists to help you rest, relax and revitalise your mind, body and spirit.
- Shizuka Ryokan: “Ryokan” refers to a place where samurai warriors used to rest and reflect. Immersive yet minimalist in design, Shizuka has all of the elements of a traditional Japanese spa retreat - shoki screens, bonsai, Japanese architecture and a zen rock garden. Located on the outskirts of Daylesford, Shizuka is an authentic Japanese experience that Melburnians can experience close to home.
- Daylesford Day Spa & Beauty: Frequented by locals as a manner of ritual and housed in a converted heritage building, Daylesford Day Spa offers a unique philosophy that encompasses all the elements of mind-body wellness. Spa lovers can enjoy a full menu of essential beauty treatments and massages ranging from signature Jurlique facials to hot stone massages.
- Hepburn Bathhouse: Founded in 1895, Hepburn Bathhouse is one of the original bathhouses in Daylesford with a long history and reputation for its premier wellness offerings. Hepburn Bathhouse is a sprawling modern oasis of mineral pools for social bathing as well as private baths where the water is drawn straight from the source and provide curative properties. Guests can also indulge in unique packages that incorporate facials, massage, steam therapy and more.
- Mineral Spa: Another highly-acclaimed Daylesford gem, Mineral Spa is touted as an idyllic restorative indoor/outdoor haven outfitted with an outdoor sundeck, two outdoor mineral water spas, lavender sauna, “detox box” and a cold plunge pool. The picturesque views from the Mineral Spa gives guests the perfect feeling of being at one with nature in the peaceful surroundings pre or post spa treatment.
hockingstuart Daylesford’s Administrative and Marketing Coordinator Davyyd Morgan shares “The Daylesford Hepburn region is the Spa and Wellness centre of Victoria. No matter the season, there is always a reason to visit one of our spas, whether it be for a dip in the mineral springs of the renowned Hepburn Bathhouse, or to be pampered for the weekend at the Shizuka Ryokan Japanese Spa Retreat. For that “inner peace and serenity” the Daylesford Healing Massage Centre offers treatments for mind body and soul, and if you want to look as good as you feel, The Daylesford Day Spa offers a wide range of beauty treatments to make you look and feel great from head to toe.”
Whether you’re interested in selling or just curious about the potential market in Daylesford reach out to one of our agents at hockingstuart.
58 Vincent St, Daylesford VIC 3460